Friday, June 13, 2008

Doubt

The last few days have been very strange, to say the least. Someone I deeply care for made a statement that hit me like a kick in the stomach. Since that moment a disquieting sadness has lingered in the back of my mind. On the other hand, I also feel very numb. It seems the situation has unearthed some long-settled doubts. Perhaps in some part of my unconscious mind, I think the statement might be true.

I suppose I had never experienced anything but empathy and warmth from the person, so the statement felt like a betrayal.

I suppose I should be happy that periods of sustained doubt have not been the norm in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was there a reason (s)he made the statement? Was it intended for hurting you, or did (s)he try and clear something up a bit clumsily.

Tell us more!